At Corporate Pointe Dental, we have invested in the latest technology to fabricate restorations, such as crowns and bridges in our office. With CAD/CAM equipment, the restoration comes to life in front of your very eyes. Dr. Sandro Tomita can provide same-day crowns in Culver City, California, in just one hour while you relax, read a magazine, or take a nap. This saves you from taking more time off work or school for a second appointment.
We take a digital scan of your mouth, which is stored in the computer. CAD/CAM’s amazing software allows us to design your crown to your specifications. This image is then sent to a machine called the milling center that will carve your crown out of a solid block of porcelain. If you have questions for our Culver City dentist, please call 310-417-8177!
Besides the convenience, the quality of these restorations is superior to the conventional technique because:
- A digital scan is more precise, so there are not the distortions inherent in the conventional materials and technique
- The quality of the material is superior because it does not have metal in its core. Some patients have allergies to metals, which could cause health problems.
- The new type of porcelain has outstanding esthetic characteristics that mimic a tooth’s natural appearance. The restoration is customized to fit you, and pigments can be added to achieve a perfect match to the adjacent teeth
- Corrections can be made on the spot.
- The material is very strong and durable.